Xiaomi has introduced its new smartphone Mi 5c in China after many leaks and rumours. It is the successor of the last year Mi 4c. Xiaomi Mi 5c comes with company’s own Xiaomi Surge S1 SoC which is introduced today. This new chipset helps to adjust the screen brightness according to the sky’s color and during any activity like walking into a building, riding on a train the screen light should be adjusted automatically to the eye comfort level.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5c
- 5.15-inch Full HD curved glass display, 94.4% of the NTSC color gamut, 550 nits brightness
- Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit Octa-Core 2.2GHz processor
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Quad-core Mali-T860 GPU
- 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal memory
- Android 7.1 Nougat based on MIUI 8
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel size, 6P lens 27-mm wide angle lens
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, WiFi 802.11 ac dual-band, USB Type-C
- 2860mAh inbuilt battery with fast charging
Xiaomi Mi 5c sports a 5.15-inch Full HD curved glass display. It is powered by Xiaomi Surge S1 64-bit Octa-Core 2.2GHz processor along with 3GB LPDDR3 RAM. It has inbuilt 64GB memory which can’t be expanded. The device is expected to run on Android 7.1 Nougat based on MIUI 8.2.
A 12MP rear camera is placed at the back with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel size, 6P lens 27-mm wide angle lens and an 8MP camera is placed at the front with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens. This device supports 4G VoLTE and USB Type-C port. The device is backed up with a 2860mAh battery which supports fast charging. The Fingerprint scanner is integrated with the home button.
Xiaomi Mi 5c comes with a price tag of Rs. 1499 yuan ($218 / Rs. 14560 approx.) and will be available from 3rd March in China. This smartphone comes in Rose Gold, Gold and Black color variants.