The Apple Event is going on as we speak and the latest official announcement comes in the form of the Apple Watch Series 3.
Apple Watch has become so popular within such a short time that the Apple Watch is the No.1 watch in the entire world, replacing Rolex with 97% satisfaction ratings from customers.
The latest Apple Watch is the Apple Watch series 3 and features quite some impressive features.
For starters, the Apple Watch Series 3 will be able to share the phone number of your iPhone in order to make/receive calls or send/receive SMS by making use of a feature called “eSIM”. There is a cellular antenna built right into the display of the Apple Watch Series 3 that supports both 3G and 4G LTE connectivity.
Other features of the Apple Watch Series 3 are listed below:
- Ability to stream music via Apple Music while on the go.
- The new W2 chip offers low power usage and better WIFI performance up to 85%.
- The Apple Watch Series 3 will be powered by a dual-core processor.
- The barometer included in Apple Watch Series 3 will help you in counting your steps while climbing the stairs.
- The Apple Watch Series 3 features an overall size same as the Apple Watch Series 2.
- The Series 3 Apple Watch will be available in two color variants: Black Ceramic and Gold Aluminum.
- New Apple Watch band.
The Apple Watch Series 3 will be powered by the Watch OS 4 version. The Watch OS 4 will be available starting September 19 and its key features are listed below:
- Smart coach feature for automatically counting swim sets and also for interval training of high intensity.
- More information related to your heart is now available including your heart rate and also your recovery heart rate.
- If your heart rate is detected to be high and you are immobile, an alarm is sounding to warn you of your heart rate.
The pre-orders for the Apple Watch Series 3 begins on 15th September and the Series 3 model will be available on sale starting 22nd September.
The Apple Watch Series 3 featuring the eSIM wireless capability will cost $399 and will initially reach 9 international markets. There is also a variant of the Apple Watch Series 3 without eSIM with a price tag of $329 that will reach a wider selection of markets. The 1st gen Apple Watch is still up for sale with a price tag of $249.