After so many leaks and rumors, Xiaomi has finally introduced its new phablet Mi Max 2 at an event in China. It is the successor of Mi Max which was launched last year. Let’s check out the specifications of this device.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- 6.44-inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 450nits brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- octa-core 2GHz Snapdragon 625 14nm processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 64GB / 128GB storage
- External memory with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat based on MIUI 8
- 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4 / 5GHz) MIMO, USB Type-C
- 5300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 sports a 6.44-inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with 0.7mm ultra narrow bezel. It is powered by 2GHz octa-core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor along with 4GB RAM. The internal memory has two variants 64GB and 128GB. The memory can be expanded with microSD. Out of the box, it runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat based on MIUI 8.
A 12MP camera is placed at the back with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX386 sensor, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 1.25μm pixel size. While on the front, it has a 5MP camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture.
Mi Max 2 supports Hybrid Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE and Fingerprint sensor which is placed at the back. Apart from these, this smartphone has got a massive 5300mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0 facility which offers 18 hours of video playback and 57 hours of talk time. The fast charging can fill your device up to 68% within 1 hour.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 comes with a price tag of 1699 yuan ($247 / Rs.15,949 approx.) for 64GB variant and 1999 yuan ($290 / Rs. 18,770 approx.) for 128GB variant in China. The device comes in a Golden color variant. Mi Max 2 will available from next month.