Samsung has introduced a new Galaxy S8 variant dubbed as Galaxy S8 Active, which is a high-end rugged smartphone. Most of the specifications are very similar to Galaxy S8. Let’s check out the specifications of this device.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
- Display: 5.8-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display (2960 × 1440 pixels)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- GPU: Adreno 540 GPU
- RAM and Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Internal Memory: 64GB (UFS 2.1)
- Expandable Memory: Yes, up to 256GB with microSD
- OS: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Primary Camera: 12MP Dual Pixel camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, OIS
- Secondary Camera: 8MP camera with f/1.7 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, Proximity Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- Dimensions: 152.14x 74.9×9.9mm; Weight: 207g
- Connectivity: 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0, USB 3.1, NFC, MST
- Battery: 4000mAh battery with fast charging
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active sports a shatter resistant 5.8-inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. This device is powered by Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor along with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM and Adreno 540 GPU. The internal memory is 64GB which can be expanded with microSD. Out of the box, it runs on Android 7.0 Nougat.
The device comes with Water and dust resistant body certified by IP68. It has a metal frame to protect against twists, shocks, and tilts. Under the hood, the handset has a massive 4000mAh battery with fast charging support.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Active comes in Meteor Gray and Titanium Gold color variants. It will be up for sale from 11th August on AT&T for a monthly premium of $28.34 for 30 months. The device will be up for pre-order from tomorrow.