Motorola has announced it’s smartphone DROID Turbo 2 today. This smartphone is powered by Moto Shattershield which makes it world’s first shatterproof display smartphone. It is an upgraded version of Moto X Style. Lets take a quick look at the specifications of this device.
Specifications of Motorola DROID Turbo 2
- 5.4-inch Quad HD AMOLED display (1440×2560 pixels) with Moto Shattershield
- 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor
- Adreno 430 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32/64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB using microSD
- Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) which is upgradable to Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- 21MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 87-degree wide-angle lens, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture , 1.4um pixel
- 3760mAh battery with Turbo charging, PMA and Qi wireless charging
Motorola DROID Turbo 2 comes with a 5.4-inch (1440×2560 pixels) Quad HD AMOLED display with 540 ppi pixel density. The display is powered by Moto Shattershield which makes it shatterproof. The smartphone is powered by 2.0 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 810 processor along with Adreno 430 GPU and 3GB of RAM. The internal storage is 32/64 GB which is expandable upto 2TB using microSD. It is running on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop out of the box but upgradable to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
The primary camera is 21MP (5248×3936) with dual tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture. It can capture 4K videos. The front facing camera is 5MP with 87-degree wide-angle lens and LED flash, f/2.0 aperture to take selfies and video calling purpose.
It has 4G LTE / 3G, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz + 5 GHz with MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, GLONASS, NFC as connectivity options. It also got a huge 3760mAh battery under the hood which supports PMA and Qi wireless charging facility.
The Motorola DROID Turbo 2 will be available for $26 for 24 months contract and $624 (Rs. 40632.04) without contract from Verizon. The smartphone comes in Black Soft Grip, Grey Ballistic Nylon, White Soft Grip and Black Pebbled Leather color variants and it lets customize using Moto Maker. The device will be available soon and in stores it will start selling from October 29th.