Silent Circle, the company, popular for making secured Blackphone, now officially announced the Blackphone 2. Lets take a quick look at the specifications of this phablet.
Specifications of Blackphone 2
- Display: 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass
- OS: Silent OS, based on Android Lollipop(upgradable to Android Marshmallow)
- Processor: octa-core Snapdragon 615 (ARM Cortex A53 – Quad 1.7 GHz + Quad 1.0 GHz) 64-bit processor
- GPU: Adreno 405
- RAM: 3 GB
- Storage Capacity: 32 GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD
- Camera: Main camera is 13MP with dual LED flash, front camera is 5MP.
- Battery: 3,060 mAh non-removable built-in battery
- Network: 4G LTE (FDD LTE Band (2, 4, 7, 17) for North America and Band (1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20) ; TDD B40 for UK and other regions/3G HSPA+
- Add-ons: WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS, Quick Charge 2.0 technology, remote wipe setting.
The Blackphone 2 has a 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD display which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass. This device is powered by Octa-Core (ARM Cortex A53 – Quad 1.7 GHz + Quad 1.0 GHz) Snapdragon 615 64-bit processor along with Adreno 405 GPU and 3 GB of RAM. The intenal storage capacity is 32 GB which is expandable up to 128 GB using microSD. This smartphone is running on Silent OS, based on Android Lollipop out of the box which is upgradable to Android Marshmallow.
The rear camera is 13MP with dual LED flash, while the front facing camera is 5MP for selfies and video calling. It has 4G LTE for North America and Band TDD B40 for UK and other regions/3G HSPA+ as network option and WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (Dual Band), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS as connectivity option. The battery is 3,060 mAh non removable under the hood which supports Quick Charge 2.0 technology.
This phablet has in-built Security Center by which the customer can easily manage their privacy and security settings. In case, if your phone is stolen or lost, then don’t worry, it has a remote wipe setting.
This phablet has been priced at US $799 (INR Rs 52,300 approx) and will be soon available in India.