After numerous leaks and rumors finally Xiaomi has launched their new flagship smartphone Mi 5S in China. The device packs 5.15-inch Full HD Display, Snapdragon 821 chipset and 4GB RAM inside it. Let’s check out rest of the specs.
Specifications of Xiaomi Mi 5S
- 5.15-inch Full HD display, 600 nits brightness
- 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8
- 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording, Sony IMX378 1/2.3-inch sensor
- 4MP Ultrapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner
- Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO )
- 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support
Xiaomi Mi 5S comes with a 5.15-inch Full HD display with 600 nits brightness, 1500:1 contrast ratio. Mi 5S is the first smartphone on the planet to feature Ultrasonic fingerprint scanner which is placed under the Display. The device is powered by 2.15GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 821 64-bit processor along with Adreno 530 GPU. Depending on internal storage and RAM the Mi 5S comes in two variants; 3GB RAM with 64GB internal storage and 4GB RAM with 128GB internal storage. Out of the box, the device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 8 on the top of it.
Coming to the Camera part, Mi 5S has a 12-megapixel Sony IMX378 camera on the rear with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording. The rear camera can also capture 120fps Slo-mo video at 720p. On the front, there’s a 4MP Ultrapixel Camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens. The front camera can also record 1080p videos.
The device has Dual SIM with 4G VoLTE support and comes with NFC, USB Type-C integration too. Under the hood, it has a 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support. The full metal body has a unibody design and 8.25 mm thick. It weighs around 145 g.
The 3GB RAM+64GB ROM variant of Mi 5S is priced at 1999 yuan ($300) and 4GB RAM+128GB ROM variant is priced at 2299 yuan ($345). The device comes in Golden & Dark Grey color with glossy brushed metal finish and the Rose gold & Silver colors with frosted matte finish. Mi 5S will be up for sale in China from September 29th.