Xiaomi has announced MIUI 8 today along with Mi Max at an event in China. According to the company MIUI has 200 million users now worldwide. MIUI 8 comes with various new features and design changes.
MIUI 8 Key Features
- MIUI 8 screen color will change according to the weather change. It has also got redesigned colors which will make the UI more beautiful.
- Now for better reading experience MIUI 8 will come with Mi Lanting Chinese font.
Through Wallpaper Carousel it will send beautiful images to your lock screen daily from over 50 media partners. The images will be divided in 12 categories so you can choose your favorite one.
- New Notification Drawer with very beautiful UI.
- In the new Notes App you can add Passcode and fingerprint for better security. It also comes with beautiful templates for sharing and grid view for better navigation.
- New Gallery feature comes with quick share by swiping up, multiple photo selection, doodle on photos, stickers, video editing with cropping, change filters, captions and music and also 90% more space efficient.
- Multi-Window management
- Power saving mode now freezes background app activities, suspends syncs, updates and background tasks
- Advance Calculator with advance calculations and conversations
- Updated Message up which can detect spam and fraud messages
- Advance Scanner to easily search and purchase online, scan image and find similar products online.
- Prevents unessential apps from starting up, reduced lags and power consumption
MIUI 8 beta testing registration will start from 16th May and in June 17th Developer Rom will be launched. The MIUI 8 developer Rom will come in Mi2, 2S, Mi3, Mi 4, Mi 4C, Mi 5 and Mi Note series and Mi 4i (Mi 4i later confirmed by company official in twitter). There is no news for the international and stable version yet.