After so many leaks and rumors finally Samsung has officially announced their new flagship Galaxy Note 7 at Galaxy Unpacked 2016 event in New York. The device comes with 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved edge display, 4GB of RAM and 12MP shooter at the back. Let’s check out rest of the specs.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy Note7
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved dual edge display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- 64 bit Octa-Core 14 nm Exynos 8890 processor or Quad Core Snapdragon 820 processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- External memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, Smart OIS, f/1.7 aperture, dual-pixel PDAF
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/1.7 aperture
- IP68 ratings water and dust resistance
- Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer
- S Pen stylus
- Single SIM/Dual SIM
- 4G LTE Cat.12, Bluetooth 4.2 LE Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), USB Type-C, NFC
- 3500 mAh battery with fast charging
Samsung Galaxy Note7 features a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved dual edge display with 518ppi pixel density. The display is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. Note7 is powered by 64 bit Octa-Core 14 nm Exynos 8890 processor or Quad Core Snapdragon 820 processor. Depending on the regions the processors will be selected. The internal storage is 64GB which can be further extended up to 256GB with microSD. Out of the box, the device comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and 4GB of RAM.
The primary camera is a 12-megapixel shooter with LED Flash, Smart OIS, f/1.7 aperture, dual-pixel PDAF and the secondary camera is a 5-megapixel shooter with f/1.7 aperture.
The device features Fingerprint sensor, Heart rate sensor, Iris scanner, Barometer. Iris scanner is the new addition here. The device comes with S Pen stylus for writing on the display. It is now IP68 ratings water and dust resistant too. Under the hood, it has a 3500 mAh battery with fast charging both on wireless and wired.
Galaxy Note7 comes in Gold Platinum, Blue Coral, Silver Titanium and Black Onyx color variants. We will know the pricing soon. The device will be available from August 19th.