One of the most awaited flagship smartphone from Xiaomi is announced today at an event in China. So lets first check the specifications of this device.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Specifications
- 5.15-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display with curved glass
- Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory or 4GB LPDDR4 RAM / 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory
- 16-megapixel primary camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video record
- 4MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- Dual SIM
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band , Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dual SIM
- 3,000mAh inbuilt battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support
Xiaomi Mi 5 has a 5.15-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display with curved glass. The frame of this device is made of 3D ceramic/glass body. It will come with 64-bit Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 processor along with Adreno 530 GPU. This smartphone has 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB / 64GB internal storage and 4GB LPDDR4 RAM with 128GB internal storage. There is no support for external sdcard. When coming to the Android version it will run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with MIUI 7.0 on the top of it.
The primary camera is a 16-megapixel shooter with dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX298 sensor, PDAF, 4-axis OIS and 4K video record to capture bright and sharp photos. The front-facing camera is 4MP with f/2.0 aperture, Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor, 80-degree wide-angle lens.
The smartphone supports Dual SIM with 4G LTE with VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band , Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C connectivities support. The smartphone also includes Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor along with a 3,000mAh inbuilt battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 will be up for sale in China form March 1st. It comes in Black, White, Gold and Rose colors. 3GB/32GB with 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC standard model is priced 1999 Yuan US$ (305.75 / Rs. 20956.23 approx), 3GB/64GB storage with 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC priced 2299 Yuan ($351.63, Rs 24100.87 approx). The 4GB/128GB with 2.15GHz Snapdragon 820 SoC Ceramic version is priced 2699 Yuan ($412.81, Rs 28294.17 approx). This Ceramic version is called Mi 5 Pro.