Mr. Lin Bin, the Co-founder and President of Xiaomi has officially announced on 16 September that Xiaomi will launch a new variant of it’s Mi4 family, Mi 4c. Today at an event in China the new Mi 4c is officially has been announced. Lets take a quick look at the specifications.
Xiaomi Mi 4c Specifications:
- Display: 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS full laminated display with 441 ppi pixel density
- OS: Android 5.1 (Lollipop) MIUI 6 (MIUI 7 update coming soon)
- Processor: Hexa-core 64 bit 1.8 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 808
- GPU: Adreno 418
- RAM: 2 GB/3 GB
- Storage Capacity: 16 GB/32 GB
- Camera: Rear camera is 13MP with Sony IMX258 or Samsung S5K3M2 ISOCELL sensor, , f/2.0 aperture, 5P lenses, PDAF, two-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording. Front camera is 5MP, f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording.
- Battery: 3080mAh built-in battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0
- Network: 4G LTE / 3G
- Add-ons: Type-C USB port, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Infrared sensor, edge gesture recognition.
- Dimensions: 138.1×69.6×7.8mm
- Weight: 132 gm
- Colour: white, blue, yellow and pink colors with matte finish
The Xiaomi mi 4c has a 5-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD IPS fully laminated display from Sharp, AUO or LG with 441 ppi pixel density. This device is powered by 64 bit 1.8 GHz Hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 processor along with Adreno 418 GPU and 2GB/3GB of RAM. This device will run on MIUI 6 based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop) which will be updated to MIUI 7 very soon.
The rear camera is 13 MP with two tone LED flash and phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) resulting in a quick focus while the front facing shooter is 5 MP with 85-degree wide-angle lens to take selfies and video calling purpose. It has also got an infrared blaster that let you control your TV, DVR, DSLR and other appliances from the device.
Mi 4c has got some new features like Edge Tap by which you can take a selfie or go back by tapping the edges. It has Dual SIM capability along with 4G LTE on both SIM ports. It has also got WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac dual-band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Infrared sensor, edge gesture recognition connectivities.
It features a type-C USB port. It has a built-in 3080mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge version 2.0 for fast charging. Now you can turn on your Mi 4c by just double tapping the screen.
The Xiaomi Mi 4c is priced at 1299 Yuan ( US$204/Rs.13,300 approx.) for the 2GB RAM/16GB storage version and 1499 Yuan ( US$235/Rs.15,400 approx.) for the 3GB RAM/32GB storage version. The smartphone comes in White, Black, Blue, Pink, Yellow color variants. It will be available in China from tomorrow via mi.com and Tmall.com. There are words for Global availability yet.