Xiaomi has announced Mi Drone today at an event in China. This is the first time that this Chinese giant comes into Drone market and they have done pretty good job regarding to pricing and design. Lets see more details on Mi Drone.
Mi Drone Specifications
- 4-propeller system with detachable shields
- 1080p or 4K UHD camera, with 104° wide-angle lens, RAW format supports
- Camera attached in a 3-axis gimbal, stabilises up to 2000 vibrations per second
- Lightweight design
- GPS, GLONASS, vision based positioning
- Automatic take-off and automatic landing, tap to fly on map, circle an object on the ground
- Intelligently detects low battery and returns home automatically
- Real-time location tracking for easy retrieval even crashing
- Hovers automatically at the edge of no-fly zones
- Modular design and foldable landing gear
- 5100mAh, 27 minutes non-stop flying
Mi Drone which is unbelievably light weight and looks great. The Drone comes with 4-propeller system with detachable shields. There are two variants 4K model and 1080p model. 4K model is having a 12-megapixel Sony Exmor R BSI sensor with f/2.8 aperture which can cover areas up to 2kms. The other 1080p model comes with 16.35MP CMOS sensor with f /2.6 aperture which can cover areas up to 1km.
Through remote photos and videos can be taken easily. The Drone has intelligent Autopilot options. You can automatically take-off and land it, choose a target on map and it will follow that position. It comes back to home when the battery is low and also circle an object on the ground.
Inside it there is a 5100mAh which can fly nonstop 27minutes. The storage is 64GB which can be used via MicroSD card.
Xiaomi Mi Drone is priced at 2499 Yuan (Rs. 25,650/USD $380) for the 1080p model 2999 Yuan (Rs. 30,770/USD $458) for the 4K model. It will be available from crowdfunding from July.