Just before the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Samsung has announced its new Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Limited Edition, as they promised. Being the partner of the Olympic Games in the Wireless Communications Equipment category the company will give up to 12,500 of free Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Limited Edition and Gear IconX devices to all Rio 2016 Olympians.
The main specs of this redesigned edition are the “custom colorway pattern” with five official colours and the official Olympic logo at the back. It will have Rio 2016 app pre-installed with special wallpapers and themes. Even some small things like notification bar, lock screens, dialer will be redesigned with the Olympic theme. There will be no changes in specs from the standard Galaxy S7 Edge.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
- 5.5-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED always-on Display
- 534 PPI Pixel Density
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Octa-Core Exynos 8 Octa 8890 processor
- 32/64GB internal memory
- External memory up to 200GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, Smart OIS
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/1.7 aperture
- Hybrid SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Fingerprint reader, Heart-rate sensor, Barometer
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, USB 2.0, GPS with GLONASS, NFC
- IP68 ratings dust and water resistance
- 3600mAh battery, Fast Charging support both on wired and wireless charging
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Olympic Games Limited Edition will be available from July 18 in Brazil, United States, China, Germany and Korea. Pricing is yet to be revealed but it will be expensive.