Samsung has introduced the upgraded version of Galaxy A8, named Galaxy A8 (2016) in Korea. This device was surfaced at GFXBench back in July. Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) comes with a 5.7-inch Full HD Always-on Super AMOLED display. The device is powered by Octa-Core 64 bit 14 nm Exynos 7420 processor with Mali T760 GPU and 3GB RAM inside it. The internal storage is 32GB which can be extended up to 256GB via microSD card. Out of the box, the device will run on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Specifications of Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016)
- 5.7-inch Full HD Always-on Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core 64 bit 14 nm Exynos 7420 processor
- 3GB RAM
- Mali T760 GPU
- 32GB internal memory
- External memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3300mAh battery
The primary camera is a 16MP shooter with LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, and the front-facing camera is 8MP which also has the f/1.9 aperture. The device has support for 4G VoLTE, and a fingerprint sensor is placed on the home button. Under the hood, Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) has a 3300 mAh Battery.
Samsung Galaxy A8 (2016) is priced at 649,000 won ($589 / Rs. 39,299). This device comes in Blue, Grey and Pink colors variants and pre-order starts on 1st October.