While the Mobile World Congress 2017 is stealing all the thunder of the day, Chinese mobile maker Meizu, in the parallel universe, has introduced its new budget smartphone M5s at an event in China today as promised. The latest device is a successor of previous year M3s. Let’s check out the specifications of this device.
Specifications of Meizu M5s
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720p) HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- Mali-T760 GPU
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage
- External memory up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 6.0
- 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, Sony sensor
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, GPS / GLONASS, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz)
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
Meizu M5s sports a 5.2-inch (1280 x 720p) HD 2.5D curved glass display. It is powered by Octa-Core 1.3 GHz MediaTek MT6753 64-bit processor along with 3GB LPDDR3 RAM. The internal storage comes in two variants – 16GB and 32GB. The external memory can be expanded up to 128GB using a microSD card. Out of the box, it runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Flyme OS 6.0.
The primary rear camera is a 13MP shooter with dual-tone LED Flash, 5P lens, Sony sensor, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, while the front-facing camera is a 5MP shooter with f/2.0 aperture. M5s comes with a fingerprint scanner, which is placed at the front beneath the display. This device has also got a 3000mAh battery with fast charging facility, offering up to 56% charge in just 36 minutes.
Meizu M5s comes with a price tag of 799 yuan ($116 / Rs. 7790 approx.) for the 16GB variant and 999 yuan ($145 / Rs. 9730 approx.) for the 32GB variant. This device comes in Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold and Star Gray color variants and starts sale from February 20th.