After so many leaks and rumors, LG has finally introduced its new flagship G6 today at MWC 2017 in Barcelona, Spain. The device features a 5.7-inch FullVision Display, which sits in contrast to G5’s 5.3-inch screen which was launched last year MWC 2016.
Specifications of LG G6
- 5.7 inches QHD LCD FullVision Display, 18:9 aspect ratio
- Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 530
- 32GB / 64GB internal memory
- External up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat based on LG UX 6.0
- Dual 13-megapixel rear camera with laser autofocus, OIS, Dual tone LED flash, 4K video recording, 360-degree panorama, 125-degree lens
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dust and water resistant
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11, Bluetooth v5.0, NFC, USB type-C
- 3300mAh Battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
As told before, LG G6 sports a 5.7 inches QHD LCD FullVision Display with aspect ratio of 18:9. It is powered by Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor along with 4GB RAM. The G6 comes in two memory variants – 32GB and 64GB. It can be further expanded up to 2TB with the use of a microSD card. Out of the box, LG G6 will run on Android 7.0 Nougat based on LG UX 6.0.
The 13MP dual rear cameras are placed at the back with laser autofocus, OIS, Dual tone LED flash, 4K video recording, 360-degree panorama, and 125-degree lens. The rear cameras offer grid shot, guide shot and snapshot. The 5MP front camera is placed at the front with 100-degree wide-angle lens. The device is Dust and water resistant and also come with a Fingerprint sensor placed at the back beneath the rear cameras. The device can survive up to 30 minutes in 1.5 meters of water.
Under the hood, there’s a 3300mAh battery with the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 for fast charging facility. LG G6 is the first smartphone to feature Dolby Vision technology which will enhance the audio quality.
LG G6 comes in three color options – Astro Black, Ice Platinum, and Mystic White but there is no information available on the pricing and availability.